DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What brand of CAI do you have on the 4th Gen Hemi?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you have on your 4th gen Hemi???? Would you buy it again, or get something else if you could???
I'm ordering one soon, probably the AFE II dry. Just need to see the numbers!!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Afe Stage II oiled. :smileup:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Do i need to say more... If i knew that one day i was going to get some sort of forced induction i would just mod the stock one and call it a day. But at the time i wasent sure if i was so i got the volant.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
i went with airaid and i love it!!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts

Love my stage II AFE. I have had K&Ns in the past and have recomended this intake to everyone. Love it! Doesn't have the whistle that the K&Ns had on my previous trucks, but has a great growl to it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
got one on my bronco and it sounds better, but not sure it does much to the performance. its still hot under there! i only thing i would do is the ram air hood, but doubt i ever will.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Installed an aFe Stage 2 Pro Dry and love it! Really improved throttle response and my mileage went up 1.5-2 mpg.

Reactions: 916Timmy

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
i always enjoy building an intake for my vehicle. your buy your own parts withyour own blueprints on it. you mess up a few times and learn from it and then end up with something totally unique to your ram.

·
Registered
994 Posts
K&N...on my Ram

and the wifes Charger

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
got a deal on the mopar cai $300 install......nice to have friends

·
Registered
135 Posts
anyone see dyno graphs showing the true HP increase of these filters. I would think that would be the real factor to determine.
I just have a K&N filter and from experience with other car brands this option would make almost the same difference as a full CAI.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I haven't made the jump yet. Been looking at the Violant but really wondering what makes spending the big bucks for any aftermarket intake worthwhile. They all draw air from the same place as the stock system which is in fact a cold-air intake it would seem. True, you might realize a bit of a hp gain with an aftermarket less restrictive filter and possibly some from a smooth intake runner instead of the stock item but it would seem that the little hp gain doesn't really justify the bucks so what's it all about, the cool look? The louder intake sound? Not putting anyone down here and not looking for somebody to justify their chosen unit as opposed to some other brand, just looking for facts. Have I overlooked something here?:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again everyone...still no intake for me....got the DSP coming and might have to wait for a second hand Volant!

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Thanks again everyone...still no intake for me....got the DSP coming and might have to wait for a second hand Volant!
A good drop in for me. And if I could find a DSP for what you did would be great! Got any more guessing games for points? I need to play catch up!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts