DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy who has a 3rd gen but he loves the look of the 4th gen dash/interior. I know the seats are swappable but does anyone know if the dash (gauge cluster and all) be swapped?

I know this would be quite the feat but I think it would be bada**!

Any input or knowledge would be great!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure but pics would be very interesting to see!!

Btw, 3G & 4G seats are swappable?? This is great news! I need some new seats in mine but all of the 3G seats I can find are in worse condition that mine. I'll have to look around the forum for pictures of swaps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the seats are swappable. There a few threads with pics and write ups of the swap. I have a feeling that the dashes are not swappable just bc of new technology and such

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
The clusters would be a no go because of the sensor inputs/CAN bus vs PCI bus. Now if you swap the ENTIRE electrical system stem to stern, you could do it and have a factory running newer 5.7.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a buddy who has a 3rd gen but he loves the look of the 4th gen dash/interior. I know the seats are swappable but does anyone know if the dash (gauge cluster and all) be swapped?

I know this would be quite the feat but I think it would be bada**!

Any input or knowledge would be great!
Was your buddy able to complete the swap? I’m interested in putting in a 4th gen dash and gauge cluster in my 3rd gen. Any info would help

·
Registered
113 Posts
There's no "how to" guide. This is completely custom. You would literally need an entire donor truck with as much wiring intact from the front all the way to the back. Then basically remove all your wiring, engine, trans, the entire interior and shove the entire donor truck into yours because your thinking of them as separate parts and not as a system. In this case you cannot mix and match because even with an 06 (which is a CAN bus vehicle), they revised it in 09 and it isn't backwards compatible. If you actually have a Cummins that's worse, because all the electrical is designed to run on a 6.7 and not the 5.9.....seats and console, that's the best you're gonna get without an amzing amount of headache and money shelled out. Or just go buy the truck that comes with all that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts