DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was in the process of taking my headlights apart when I overcooked my passenger side and melted the amber sidemarker inside. Nothing else go messed up but that. Just wondering if anyone might have one laying around for some reason or another. Or if I can buy new ones somewhere?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Just the amber side part? Yank it off the other side too and forgot about them. A lot of people take em out

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, looks like that's what it's coming down to. I am gonna swing by the dealer today and see if their body shop might have recently replaced a broken headlight and has it sitting around still.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the headlights back together. I decided to go without the sidemarker. I will be ordering new headlights this week though. I botched the rtv up when putting the ds back together and after the first go at headlights Ive decided I will leave it to the pros.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it would have turned out better if I didn't need to have them done today and I had the biggest headeache ever. Not to mention a sick stomach.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Not sure where the issue is. I think they look good, that's what I want to do with mine is paint the whole lens except the reflector bowl (I have duals though, not quads). I'm debating on white vs black (I have a white truck). Also, did you use black paint or did you use tint?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I think they look great and would leave them!

I want to pull mine apart as well and im stuck like snrusnak and cant decide between white or black

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I really wish that someone sold projector style quad housings. I would love to paint EVERYTHING white and have the projecor be black. IMO that would be hte baddest set up out there.

MCFAIL/RetroShop w/e it was took his site down, i dont hink hes doing it anymore :(

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Projectors for the quad housing headlights

I want to have the shroud and the reflectors in a headlight paitned white to match the truck and the actual projector itself black to look like an evil eye :)

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Aaah ok gotcha, that would look pretty sick. I'm contemplating color matching my headlights and doing the side marker delete, just not sure how the paint would hold up to the heat of the light bulb. You should definitely paint it white though even if you can't get quad projectors. Maybe leave just the low beam or blinker section black. Sorry we partially jacked your thread MeanMango lol

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
LOL. SS4 do yours white then post pics so I can see what it looks like and decide what to do with mine :)

I'm one of the few that actually prefers the dual headlight design over the quad. I actually bought a spare set of headlights to modify....just need to do it.

I like the black lights the OP did, I'd keep them as well...(or could give you my shipping address for disposal...) :)

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
That's the nice way of saying use yours as the guinea pig lol
At least I said it nicely :)

I'm thinking about doing one white and one black to see which I like better, then redoing the one that I want to change. (I have the spare set so time isn't an issue really...) I'd just decide before baking them shut.

Oh yeah.....sorry about the thread jack :(

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Google MC fail Retro shop. He's got examples in his gallery of both white and black on a white truck

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My headlights looks good from like 5 feet away but the lenses have spider cracks from baking and there is rtv on the inside which is visible. I will keep them for now until another option comes along.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts