DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I usually hear of folks upgrading from duals to quads. However, I want to upgrade straight from duals to oem projectors. I already have the drivers side being shipped. Just need to purchase the passenger side.

Anyhow, I was looking in here and couldnt find much on this specific subject. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you

·
Registered
42 Posts
don't know what you are looking for...install guide? check out headlight revolutions page on how to install led or hid bulbs.

·
Super Moderator
34,714 Posts
How do you have a 2013 with duals? They dropped those for quads as the base lamp after 2012

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hello,

I usually hear of folks upgrading from duals to quads. However, I want to upgrade straight from duals to oem projectors. I already have the drivers side being shipped. Just need to purchase the passenger side.

Anyhow, I was looking in here and couldnt find much on this specific subject. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you
It's pretty easy. You just need the conversion harness from either retroshop, retrofitsource or headlight revolution. Whichever.

The process is as simple as pulling your old headlight and putting in the harness and the new headlight. That's it.

The one caveat is that you won't have proper high beam functionality. You'll see how to do that in my signature below. Additionally is you'll need to put a small hole a little further up from where your factory adjustment hole is to adjust the pj's when installed.

With some time and experience I've learned it's actually much easier to power the lowbeams using a relay and instead of using the lowbeam as a trigger, you use the parklight. This way you don't need a diode.

Basically the dual headlight configured ecu operation is like this
1. Lights off
2. Parklights on
3. low beam on, parklights on
4. Highbeam on, low beam off (parklights still stay on)

Hence why you'd want to use parklights as a trigger so that you get this (the configuration in my signature works the same so long as you have the diode)

5. lowbeam on, projector solenoid up (highbeam), highbeam bulb on, park light on.

One additional benefit is you won't need a capacitor using HID's doing it this way if you went that route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts