DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticing quite a few different styles of wheel flares for the 4th Gen's now...Would really like it if you guys that have them could post some pics of what you have...I may invest this season if I can find the right ones :smileup:

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I have the plastic bumper, not the chrome one
I didn't like the Dodge OEM flares
I went with the Bushwackers, the only thing with them is that they don't give you any extra rubber that fits between the fender & the flare, so i had to make sure that i didn't cut it too long

When i ordered mine, the kit came with both types of flares, plastic or chrome
I have a picture of both, I taped the piece for the chrome bumper next to the headlight, so you can see the difference

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys
Anyone else have a pics to post?
I have been researching and EGR seems to have the ones closer to what I would be looking for a think....Stampede has a set that is not too bad as well

·
Registered
555 Posts
I was going to get the pocket style Bushwackers for my new 2012, had them on my 3rd gen. But this weekend I saw another 4th gen deep cherry with either the EGR or Bushwacker flares on it & it don't look right to me. The 4th gen flares look so large compared to my 3rd gen

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to get the pocket style Bushwackers for my new 2012, had them on my 3rd gen. But this weekend I saw another 4th gen deep cherry with either the EGR or Bushwacker flares on it & it don't look right to me. The 4th gen flares look so large compared to my 3rd gen
I agree...I think it is mostly where they "cut off" at the front that bothers me, especially with the pocket style...It does not look quite as "unfinished" with the non pocket ones...They look good side on etc, but when looking from a front angle it looks like there is something missing....:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
I went with the Bushwackers, the only thing with them is that they don't give you any extra rubber that fits between the fender & the flare, so i had to make sure that i didn't cut it too long

When i ordered mine, the kit came with both types of flares, plastic or chrome
I have a picture of both, I taped the piece for the chrome bumper next to the headlight, so you can see the difference

I really like this....
Most fender flares I see dont go all the way down the bumper and end at the top of the bumper.
Im not a fan of that, but this, I do like.
You mentioned having to cut it?
Does it come with all that and enough to go all the way the front bumper similar to how it is in your picture?
Thanks for sharing the picture.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
GTyankee, everywhere I see, Bushwackers do not come with that additional piece that spans from top of bumper to bottom of bumper (unless members don't install it). Most of what I see is only for the fender and then in cuts off there....
It just doesn't seem complete without it.
Yours came with all this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts