DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an issue. My truck was making a griding noise like you are driving over the white lines on the interstate(those little bumps to keep you awake). So I took my 4wd actuator and housing and found that the collar wasnt on both axles, it was on the axle on the right side that goes to the tire. so I put it back on and it started to do the same thing so I took it apart again and again the collar was again to the same side. I also what are the little pieces inside the housing for, they are real tiny. I need some help trying to figure out what to do to fix this.

I also noticed there was a cut in the shift fork, but I think that can be fixed, but if I need to get a shift fork for the actuator where can i get one. Thanks

Jamie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can somebody please help, i have to keep putting the collar back on the 2 axles but keeps coming off and going over to the axle that leads to the right hub/tire/wheel. I dont know what to do or If I have to replace the actauto housing, shift fork( and I dont know where to buy it), or the shift motor. I need some advice or help, thanks.

Jamie

·
Registered
383 Posts
The collar isn't supposed to be over both the inner and outer shaft unless it's in 4wd. That collar slides over and disengages one of the shafts when in 2wd.

Small pieces? Are they just loose inside the actuator housing area?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the small pieces are loose just sitting just insed when you take the housing off and 2 other small pieces in the back near the shift fork. Then I wonder what is making the grinding noise like I am riding over the white line on the interstate, you know the bumps to keep you awake while driving. I need help.I also noticed the shift fork had a small split and mean small on the bottom part of the fork, but where is the grinign coming from, I know my 4wd gear is in 2wd if not I will check again. can you engage it in 4wd with the housing off and put the truck in park and look at the collar and inside the axle??? any help would be great, thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts