DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie owner. 1994 Ram 1500. Previous owner told me to put tranny in neutral, pull transfer case into 4 Low, flip switch on dash. I've done this several times & not working?? Front drive shaft is turning but wheels aren't spinning. On ice/snow on hill in my STEEP driveway. Do I ned to dirve to get the hubs to lock in or do I have a switch and/or wiring problem?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I guess I'm not familiar with a switch on the dash that you have to flip. My 96 2500 I just pulled the lever on the floor and it was in 4wd. To get in 4 low, yes, put trans in neutral, then pull xfer case lever into 4 low.

You might have an actuator issue on the front axle or just a rotted out vacuum line underneath the truck.

·
Banned
7,846 Posts
^ that's what I was thinking. However, I had an '84 S/10 that had vacuum problems so I added a valve from a fish tank to the dash to engage/disengage the trans. (temp fix that wound up permanent)

I've never heard of a dash switch either and maybe it's some kind of mod.

I'd check the red and green vacuum lines that run down to the passenger's side of the front rear to engage the actuator to make sure they have vacuum. If they seem to be okay (with the "switch" on) you can pull the actuator fork out of the front read and make sure it's engaging, where the lines go in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts