DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure anyone else is experiencing this, when I go to select 4WD auto, or any 4WD mode I notice it take a few presses of the button, or even pushing and holding it to get to change over, the same happens when going back to 2WD. Anyone experiencing this? I am getting it looked at in a couple of days. As well with those same buttons, should they not light up at night? Mine don't and was wondering if they are not suppose to light up, kind of stupid that they don't because if it wasn't for the orange light you would never see the buttons, you have to memorize which button is which mode. if they are not suppose to light up, oh well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not sure anyone else is experiencing this, when I go to select 4WD auto, or any 4WD mode I notice it take a few presses of the button, or even pushing and holding it to get to change over, the same happens when going back to 2WD.
Funny, the first time I drove the truck I tried tapping the buttons and it didn't feel like it worked, so ever since (2 months) I've been doing a "press and hold" (like a half second) with mine with 100% success and assumed it was a safety feature. That said, I just watched some of the videos online and it does seem like a tap on the button should do it.

Edit: nope I definitely have to do a “long press” to switch modes

Edit: the labels on these buttons DO light up at night in my Laramie sport

·
Registered
514 Posts
I assume it's a long press to ensure that you don't hit the button by accident or in passing and turn on 4WD, seems like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could be a safety feature as for the lighting up of the buttons, I kind of thought they should, having someone else that owns the truck confirm it is super helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
514 Posts
It could be a safety feature as for the lighting up of the buttons, I kind of thought they should, having someone else that owns the truck confirm it is super helpful. Thanks.
I have a '19 Limited now, I haven't noticed whether the lights are on at night or not. I'll check tonight and let you know.

Edit, mine are lit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
My 18 sport goes in an out of 4WD quick... i`m not seeing the delay or hold in button ya`ll are. Actually none of my ram 4x4`s have had this issue.
hmmmmmmmmmm.... ?????

·
Registered
294 Posts
Button

On MY 2019, I have to hold the button for about a second. And the "orange" indicator light stays lit on whatever is the current mode the transmission case is set to, IMHO

·
Registered
74 Posts
On my 2019 Laramie I have to hold the selector button in for half second or so. My buttons do not light up though..... wondering if I should take it into the dealership.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Button

Brand new, under warranty, OH YEAH.

Because whatever gearline the transmission is in, whether 2WD, 4 AUTO, etc, should be lit up. There is also another light that is there that stays on regardless. So something just not correct, all IMHO

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Brand new, under warranty, OH YEAH.

Because whatever gearline the transmission is in, whether 2WD, 4 AUTO, etc, should be lit up. There is also another light that is there that stays on regardless. So something just not correct, all IMHO
Is there any way you could take a picture of yours lit up at night so I can have as something to show the dealer?

·
Registered
7 Posts
4x4 no Button - HELP

I have no electronic button 4X4, I have a manual shift 4X4. But having an issue that no dealer shop has an answer to. Hopefully someone out there can help me.....

When I'm driving the control panel flashes from the speed to

4WD Shift in Progress

I have been able to pin point it to when the recall was done on the Transmission Solenoid in February. It was very sporadic and did it only a few time, but as the months have gone on it has gotten worse and is like a disco light flashing back and forth. June while on a rode trip the service 4WD light came on, spent the night the next morning no service light, went to a Ram dealer, they found nothing or no reason to service or why the light had came on.
This past Monday as I'm leaving for work doing about 25 mph, I hear a awful grinding noise so I slow down and the 4WD is trying to shift electronically? I have a manual 4WD?? I pull off the road and the traction light and 4WD light are on, I put the truck in park and the lights go off, hear a wonderful clunk and the truck is no longer in 4WD? I need to be able to tell a MOPAR service department what is happening because they look at me like, huh?
Any information or input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Buttons-Light

Is there any way you could take a picture of yours lit up at night so I can have as something to show the dealer?
YUP, I will take a pic tonight for U and post here in this answer. Just have to wait for nightfall here...HERE U go "tcryfp"

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
YUP, I will take a pic tonight for U and post here in this answer. Just have to wait for nightfall here...HERE U go "tcryfp"
Thanks for the picture. My orange lights do light up like you have pointed out in the picture. The original poster I think was saying he thinks the text (4x4 auto, (2wd), etc should illuminate at night. Mine does not, but some people are saying theirs does. I cant tell from your pic if the text is actually illuminated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I figured it out. I had my right dimmer knob turned all the way up. When you turn it down just a little bit from it’s highest position all the ambient lights in the truck come on as well as the text lights up for the shifter knob. The left dimmer knob adjusts the brightness of the ambient lights.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I would think the text is supposed to light up so you can see what you're shifting to. Both the orange indicator and the blue text light up on my Ram's transfer case control pad and I think it'd be ridiculous to make an oversight like that on a new 2019 model

·
Registered
294 Posts
lights

I figured it out. I had my right dimmer knob turned all the way up. When you turn it down just a little bit from it’s highest position all the ambient lights in the truck come on as well as the text lights up for the shifter knob. The left dimmer knob adjusts the brightness of the ambient lights.
Yup, and if you have the right one turned all the way up at night, then the center console light shining down from overhead console not work either, just saying...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts