DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I have a 5.2 replaced the driver side head due to busted exhaust bolts. Now it idles fine nice and smooth just has heavy white smoke out the pipe which smells like a/f so I’m assuming the gasket. Felpro doesn’t make the gasket so I went with the felpro stamp facing up (readable) like most of them are supposed to be installed. But when I put the intake on the rear rubber half gasket didn’t sit exactly like it should have kept trying to pop up I thought i got the intake on flush but if I didn’t would that be the cause of my issue? Is it a wet intake on the 98 5.2? Or is it definitely the head gasket that I messed up some how? The motor had to head gasket issues prior to this I just needed to get the exhaust leak fixed. Thanks in advance every one who helps out!

· Registered
164 Posts
In the service manual it does state needing to drain the coolant to remove the intake manifold, so my guess is yes It's probably a wet manifold. Either way I think it's a big PITA to remove either of them to take a look, but maybe your gut feeling is correct and hopefully it's just the intake manifold?

Font Line Parallel Rectangle Engineering

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.