DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI 2006 5.7L is governed at 110MPH. What a buzz kill. Had an open stretch of highway in front of me but it just wouldn't do any more. The motor limited itself.

·
Registered
108 Posts
A predator or trinity will change that, mine was set to 155. Not that I would go that fast buy I had mine up to 142 on the Autobahn here in Germany

·
Registered
491 Posts
Turn the key to the 'Start' position to bypass the speed governor. No, the starter does not engage when you do this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine only hits 120 now after raising the speed limiter with my SuperChips programmer. It'll either upshift or the converter locks up, not sure but it still feels like it should be pulling more than that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I used the predator and had mine up to 120 mph

·
Registered
27 Posts
What's keeping us from passing 120?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had mine up to 140, it felt like it was ridin on air...past 100 and the ride just gets smoother...
What all mods do you have done? Maybe it's my SC3815 holding me back.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't think my '08 has a limiter or I haven't found it yet at least 115+. I hope my '12 isn't gonna die at 100. Best way around this with out voiding the warranty? If I NEED to do 115+ that's my prerogative and I'll deal with the what consequences might come from it (IE wife calls and says there's a prowler or burglar alarm company alerts me and I'm within a few miles of home, work, or church as I respond to all 3). I don't need the bleepin' man telling me no your truck while capable isn't allowed to go that fast. Could it be the 2500's and up aren't limited like the 1500's? The only thing 1500 like about my '08 MegaCab is the badging.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
The 2010 11 12 ARE ALL SCREWED and you cant by pass them or buy a programmer for the 11/12 so there no way to bypass it except to rip out the pcm and put in a 2010 and then buy a programmer And megacab ya your screwed on your 2012 the 11/12 all cut out at 105

1 - 20 of 51 Posts