DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm searching for shorty headers to fix my exhaust problem and there's lots of listings for Ram 5.7L engines, but according to the websites they all exclude Mega Cabs?!? What's the difference between Mega Cabs and all the other Ram 1500's?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Take some photos of the OEM headers specifically the motor mounts on both sides, there is an interference where you need to either shim the engine or ding the primary on one side.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I tried the JBA shorty headers after talking with the manufacturer. Guess what... they did not fit. I then ordered another set and they didn't fit either. Call the manufacturer and they swear there is no problem. Funny how the frame rail gets in the way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried the JBA shorty headers after talking with the manufacturer. Guess what... they did not fit. I then ordered another set and they didn't fit either. Call the manufacturer and they swear there is no problem. Funny how the frame rail gets in the way.
Were you able to find something that worked? I heard about shimming the motor mounts?

I really don't want to spend more money on fixing the broken exhaust bolts problem more than once...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Were you able to find something that worked? I heard about shimming the motor mounts?

I really don't want to spend more money on fixing the broken exhaust bolts problem more than once...
no didn't even try as no one else says they any that fit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Really? No one knew this lol? Megacab rides on 2500 frame and running gear. Haven't you noticed you have 8 lug rims and not 5 lugs? They assigned 1500 to it because you have a hemi and that denotes it's cargo and towing capacity. Megs with the Cummins got the 2500 badge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes. I noticed, but I'm surprised that there is no shorty header product available. I was hoping there would be some kind of fix for this problem without having to replace the entire exhaust system.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The clearance just isn't there. I seem to remember years back someone made a mid length header that fit the 2500 chassis.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Really? No one knew this lol? Megacab rides on 2500 frame and running gear. Haven't you noticed you have 8 lug rims and not 5 lugs? They assigned 1500 to it because you have a hemi and that denotes it's cargo and towing capacity. Megs with the Cummins got the 2500 badge.
cummins doesn't mean its just 2500 They came with 3 different engines. I spoke to JBA personally and they swore up and down thier shorty header would fit a 5.7 2500 megacab. Personal experience shows "NO". Oh and yes the early Mega 1500 were on 2500 frames so don't talk to me as if I'm an idiot!

·
Registered
113 Posts
cummins doesn't mean its just 2500 They came with 3 different engines. I spoke to JBA personally and they swore up and down thier shorty header would fit a 5.7 2500 megacab. Personal experience shows "NO". Oh and yes the early Mega 1500 were on 2500 frames so don't talk to me as if I'm an idiot!
No one did talk to you as an idiot, hell no one talked directly to you (least of all me) except Mega Cab, yet here your snowflake ass is, triggered at me. Now I WILL talk to you like you're an idiot :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts