DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Some Assembly Required
7,184 Posts
Its no more effecient, but it is ALOT more powerful. You get 100 more HP and ooodles more TQ.

5.7 FTW.

· Some Assembly Required
7,184 Posts
Theyare equal in terms of durability, but the 360 has more long term results, simply because its been around since the late 50's.

· Some Assembly Required
7,184 Posts
Yeah that's what I was thinking, thanks.

By the way I notice you have the 4.7, how is that engine? Because before I was looking at Rams I wanted a Quad Cab Dakota but the 4.7 made me nervous due to the fact that it is a new design and a SOHC so I was leaning towards the 5.9
I love my 4.7. In 2008, the new one debuted with 15HP less than the 03-08 Hemi.

What??? The 5.7 is a smaller engine with better fuel mileage and more power, how is that NOT more efficient???
:doh:

:smiledown:
Wow guy...I was referring to Fuel Economy. I had a 2000 Ram with a 5.9, I also had a 2005 Ram with a 5.7. The hemi was only slightly better. Calm yourself brother. It's not that serious.:LOL:

· Some Assembly Required
7,184 Posts
Yeah that's the only thing I can say, the 5.9 is cheaper than the Hemi, by the way the Hemi has 345 HP not 315, the new (2008) 4.7 has 302 hp, so it's 43 less.

Not trying to be a dick, just saying it has 345
^The new 4.7L (2008 and up) actually has 310hp, so your both wrong :) it's shy of the old hemi by 35hp. It has 330lb ft though and I think that's a closer gap to the old hemi.
yeah I am retarded, went to double check the #'s and looked at Tq instead of Hp.:doh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.