DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading most of the threads that i can find around the forrum and have decided that i want to go with a supercharger instead of a turbo but i still have the ? of whether or not it is possible to do either with my truck (98 1500 laramie slt 5.9L) and if so, where can i get a good system for a great price.

·
Registered
154 Posts
u can put a turbo on ur truck not to sure with a charger i was told if u can find a turbo u can pretty much put it on any truck if u have the rite plumbing

·
Registered
13 Posts
if you have the equipment, you can put any turbo on anything. all you have to do is get a header, cut and fab it to make a flange for the turbo, and then get all your intercooler piping. you'd have to find a oil port and run an oil return line and whatnot and a rigged boost controller. when i go to do it to my truck i'll make a write up on it so ya'll can see it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Going forced induction is more involved than just throwing on the blower or turbo. You need bigger injectors and fuel control along with timing control. Otherwise you will just destroy the engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts