DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my 50,000 mile mantienance is coming up in know plugs, wires, tranny flush, cooling system flush, but besides that is there anything else I should do? Just wondering.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The big services are in 30,000 mile intervals. If you don't know for sure that any services have been performed then everything needs to be done. Plugs, oil, clean the throttle body, pcv, and egr. ATF+4 in the transfer case, power steering resivoir, and transmission( 17qts and 2 trans filers). 75w90 in front diff and 75w140 in rear diff plus a bottle of mopar friction additive if it's LSD.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The big services are in 30,000 mile intervals. If you don't know for sure that any services have been performed then everything needs to be done. Plugs, oil, clean the throttle body, pcv, and egr. ATF+4 in the transfer case, power steering resivoir, and transmission( 17qts and 2 trans filers). 75w90 in front diff and 75w140 in rear diff plus a bottle of mopar friction additive if it's LSD.
Well thank you kindly! I didn't even think of tb, pcv, and egr!! I appreciate it!!:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check what transfer case you have. If you have the NV246 then you'll need to get special Mopar fluid from the dealer...there are no aftermarket brands that meet the spec.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I am just getting around to doing this, how do I tell if my rear diff is a LSD or not. I looked in my user manual and it says it takes the additive, but my mom's truck is 05 same exact everything but hers is positive displacement?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts