DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I’ve done a bunch of searching and can’t find anyone who has tried these. I finally leveled my 13 express last winter. I’ve had my new 2019 5th gen for a month, put 275/60/20 tires on it last week and now notice the rake even more and hate it. I like the thought of buying something like this so I don’t have to mess with the coils again. I used bilsteins to level my 13. If anyone has tried these please chime in. I used the 2.1 setting on the bilsteins on my 13 and thought it actually raised it a little too much. I’d like to be a hair under level.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Rough Country makes mediocre lifts. I would not trust them for suspension. There are so many out there that have been doing it for a long time.

·
Registered
253 Posts

I’ve done a bunch of searching and can’t find anyone who has tried these. I finally leveled my 13 express last winter. I’ve had my new 2019 5th gen for a month, put 275/60/20 tires on it last week and now notice the rake even more and hate it. I like the thought of buying something like this so I don’t have to mess with the coils again. I used bilsteins to level my 13. If anyone has tried these please chime in. I used the 2.1 setting on the bilsteins on my 13 and thought it actually raised it a little too much. I’d like to be a hair under level.
Did you decide on a level?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you decide on a level?
sorry I never got an alert that you quoted this. I have not leveled it yet but just started looking at these leveling struts again. Trying to find some reviews and pictures. I do not want my truck to sit higher in the front than the rear. So if there is a chance if that happening I wont use them

·
Premium Member
2016 RAM 1500 4WD Laramie Longhorn
9 Posts
Finn5033,

I just installed the RC N3 struts on the front of my 2016 Longhorn 4WD to replace the original shocks which were worn out at 81k miles. Installed a new set of Michelin Defenders 275/60 R20 last week. Before installing N3 struts, the front measured 36.25" and rear measured 39". After installation, front measured 39.25" and rear 38.75". Truck looked stupid. Alignment done today front and rear both measure 39" dead on. The truck is perfectly level now but I plan to install 1" spacer and rear N3 shocks as soon as they arrive. This will hopefully provide a 0.75-1" rake which is exactly what I desire. The main reason I bought this kit is because it was an easy install and of course economics. Front struts, rear shocks and spacers $450 delivered. I use the truck mainly to run interstate and city roads, but occasionally get off road for hunting and fishing expeditions and haul a 20 foot tandem trailer max 6,000 lbs. I only have 10 miles on them at this time so I can't elaborate on performance or durability.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Installed rear shocks and spacers today. Rear now measures 40.25". Front 39". Not sure if the rear height will settle down or not. If not, I'm good with the current setup.
Had to remove the fender wells in order to access the top shock mount otherwise it was a fairly easy job.
Rear OE vs N3 .jpg Rear N3 install.jpg

Front and Rear N3 shocks installed.jpg

·
Registered
2018 1500 SLT 3.6V6 4x4
4 Posts
I just installed those (RC 2” leveling struts) on my truck. My stock #s were 38.5” rear, 36” front. After install and alignment I’m 38.5” rear and 39.5” front. I was hoping for a .5” of take back to front, definitely not the case. Should I get those out of there before I destroy my ball joints or look into adding height to the back to make level/ slight rake? 46D48EB0-6602-433B-B560-D6F266E849E3.jpeg

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I just installed those (RC 2” leveling struts) on my truck. My stock #s were 38.5” rear, 36” front. After install and alignment I’m 38.5” rear and 39.5” front. I was hoping for a .5” of take back to front, definitely not the case. Should I get those out of there before I destroy my ball joints or look into adding height to the back to make level/ slight rake? View attachment 132958
Did you install the spacers up front? I did not use the front spacers and was perfectly level. After installing rear spacers and shocks, the rake is 1" .

·
Registered
2018 1500 SLT 3.6V6 4x4
4 Posts
Did you install the spacers up front? I did not use the front spacers and was perfectly level. After installing rear spacers and shocks, the rake is 1" .
Interesting. Wasn’t aware there were adjustments I could make to the struts. Were the spacers located at the top of strut?
I didn’t touch the back, still stock.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Interesting. Wasn’t aware there were adjustments I could make to the struts. Were the spacers located at the top of strut?
I didn’t touch the back, still stock.
The RC struts I bought came with a 1/2-3/4" spacer. I did not use that spacer just the struts. Raised front end 2.5" from 36.5" - 39". There is no adjustment to the struts.

·
Registered
2018 1500 SLT 3.6V6 4x4
4 Posts
The RC struts I bought came with a 1/2-3/4" spacer. I did not use that spacer just the struts. Raised front end 2.5" from 36.5" - 39". There is no adjustment to the struts.
I’ll have to check for spacer. Wish I had detached garage, need to know now. 😆
Thanks drivesalot .
I talked to RC this AM, their claim was ‘settling will occur.’

1 - 13 of 13 Posts