DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding this whole MDS thing confusing. It's a 2016 2500 4X4 6.4. I cant get lifters from the dealer because they have been on nationwide back order for month's. I'm ready to lose my mind. My question is do they make aftermarket lifters I can get?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I too have a 2016 6.4 with apprx. 18000 miles and a nasty lifter noise at idle right after warm startup. My stealership told me after I personally took the service manager by the hand to run the truck till it blows up then they can figure out what was bad. Ram agrees with them and gave me a lifetime warranty on the powertrain to keep me happy, I think it is more like a security blanket for them when it blows up .

·
Super Moderator
34,458 Posts
A lifetime powertrain warranty would make me happy if that were a concern; hell there was a guy here a couple months ago who had one on his 09 1500 and his 5.7's timing chain snapped at 472,000 miles. He's getting a new engine put in under warranty. Just be sure there aren't any stipulations about how often you need to change oil and stuff.

I thought all the G3 Hemis used the same lifters. It is fairly common for people to put Hellcat lifters in their 5.7s, and I believe they'd fit a 6.4 as long as you used the correct length pushrods too. You'd have to tune out MDS though; AFAIK only OEM Mopar lifters (the ones on backorder) support MDS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts