DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at swapping the 6.4L into my truck. Seems to be a straightforward swap. Is anyone running a blower on this motor? How well do they respond to tuning? Speaking of tuning/mods, would you guys rather have the 5.7L because of the mod support? This will be going to my '11 1500.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Which 6.4L, the Apache or the Truck Hemi? Prefix offers the Apache swap as an a-la-carte service

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You lost me on the different versions but I do know the one I am looking at is out of the HD trucks. From what I've read, the 6.4 from the LX's doesnt have the low end torque.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2012 ram 1500 4X4 quad cab with 5.7 hemi with 121,000 miles, my engine has developed the lifter/ cam problem. If I just get the lifter/ cam problem fixed it will be around $4,000.00 and that's hoping there isn't any other problems with the engine. I am leaning toward putting in a crate 6.4 any thought's?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You lost me on the different versions but I do know the one I am looking at is out of the HD trucks. From what I've read, the 6.4 from the LX's doesnt have the low end torque.
Did you do the 6.4 swap? And if so how has it worked out for you? Looking to do the same with my 2012 ram 1500.

·
Registered
4 Posts
update on my 6.4 hemi swap I now have an 2018 6.4 crate hemi with 3 yr 100,000 mile factory warranty in my 2012 ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 and it's great 435 h.p. at the rear wheels. plum floored creations did the work Phoenix, AZ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts