DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what a waste of my time this truck has been. It has the condition where if you slow down to approx 10mph and the accelerate again the truck lingers in 3rd gear. It will buck up until 20mph then it will downshift into 2nd gear and then it’s fine. The original selling dealer had documented it back to 800 miles and at 29k they replaced the engine because it was knocking and blowing blue smoke on start up when cold then misfiring when the condition would occur. After the engine was replaced the tranny issue was still there. They dealer told me to call Chrysler because the field tech said it was normal over the phone. I called customer care and they told me to bring it to another dealer which I did. They’ve been more helpful in trying to repair it than the selling dealer. I was able to drive it with a tech which the other wouldn’t allow and he said it was abnormal. They found bad solinoids which were replaced as part of a recall. A day later it came back. It went back and they got a star case started and they replaced the transmission. A day later it came back. Dropped it off today to have a factory field engineer to come and drive it, I shad asked if I could drive it with him and they said no. So, they are replacing the rear main seal on the replacement engine since it leaks and the guy said there’s nothing wrong with the trans. WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BECOME A CHRYSLER ENGINEER, spell “car” and draw a picture of one? This is a joke and those bastards are completely unaccountable for this. Now it has 40k on it and is worth a lot less then if I traded it in a year ago. If realized that this would be the outcome I would’ve done so. I didn’t get lemon law involved because that was a waste of time with my old GMC that has a rain water leak that went back 8 times for attempted repairs. An absolute shame, it’s a nice riding truck with a crap engine and tranny.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts