DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Looks to me like it's lowered, tinted windows, painted wheels, painted calipers, hood stripes, painted handles, and antenna.

Looks great.

What antenna is that and does it work well? I want to replace mine badly...

Also, are your wheels painted, powder coated, or plasti dipped? I sold my stock 17's that were the same design as those, and I think I'm going to end up buying another set and powder coating them black. I want to go back to an oem wheel....wish I wouldn't have sold them, they look great seeing yours...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's an All Sales billet antenna from Stylintrucks.com. It works just as good as stock if not better, I've tried the stubby 6" billet antenna before and had bad luck with reception.

The wheels are sprayed inside and out with semi gloss black spray paint. If it doesn't hold up I'll be powder coating them.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the antenna. I actually like it since it's not overly short, it doesn't look as weird as a "super stubby" IMO.

I love the mineral gray trucks. My brother has one it's an express and all stock....wait until I show him yours lol.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Looks good! I'd definitely recommend some VHT to tint the rear lights and keep with the black and grey theme. Total cost is about $25 if you get the tint and clear coat, and there have been some very nice designs done with simple masking tape. Also, DodgeRT has some very nice headlights on his truck that would tie everything together nicely on the front end (I believe they are spyder brand)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I'm gonna have the stock head lights color matched and retrofitted with some projectors in the future. I'll never blackout my tail lights, it's a safety hazard and if I get rear-ended I don't want it to be my fault since they could't see my lights in time. Plus it is ugly IMO.

The antenna is 21" long.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
snrusnak, I don't have enough posts to PM yet. These rules are rediculous here!

The part number is 6221K at Stylintrucks.com. I thought the antenna was 18" for some reason, but it is actually 21". And yes it is a universal fit, but it includes several adapters to make it fit.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Thanks Tyler, I was trying to avoid serious thread jacking (I tend to make a habit of this...) but oh well lol.

So it still screws on even with the adapter and is a nice fit and all? I just don't want one of the ones that slips on then tightens down with an allen "set screw".

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah it's a nice fit. The adapter threads into the antenna then you thread the antenna into the antenna base just like you would the stock antenna. I used some red Loc-tite thread locker for the adapter into the antenna just to make sure it will stay put.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks excellent man!! I like where you dropped it to, where the tires just hug the wheel wells, perfect!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts