DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, to be honest the trucks kind of boring me lol I want to do something different! My lights are mounted behind my grill also.

I just finished ordering my HID kits to turn these H3 PIAA 6" Offroad lights to HIDs. Will be some Jimmy Rigging involved but I am fine with that!

What do you guys think? Has anyone out there attempted this before?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
going to be awesome man, all my daylighters are pretty awesome, but maybe I could convert them to HID also though! or even just 2 of them! mind if I ask how much it costs to do so?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
are your lights on a seperate switch? I assume there cant be many issues if tey are direct wired off the battery. Mine are pretty bright but there is always room for improvement, would like to be able to see the moose from more than 1 km away haha

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are your lights on a seperate switch? I assume there cant be many issues if tey are direct wired off the battery. Mine are pretty bright but there is always room for improvement, would like to be able to see the moose from more than 1 km away haha
Yeah my PIAAs I currently use as my highbeams right now, just want them to be brighter lol

I have a switch on my center console by my shirter, for my LEDs and also my PIAAs.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
deffinetly post what you think of the hid conversion once you get it done, I am interested in looking into doing this as well, problem is I never get to use my lights right now and wont get to use them all summer in Manitoba, but when I get to use them its awesome

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
ive done it. the only problem is that the hid bulb hangs out of the back about an inch, but i just sealed it up with some black liquid gasket. they work awesome, i just broke a lense so im not using them

the only thing you might be concerned with is because of the coating on the inside of the piaa lense, no matter what color temp hid bulb you use, the output will be yellow. unless you have the clear piaas, then ignore that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts