DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, this post comes with mixed emotions. I have been hunting work for the past two years and haven't been able to lock anything down yet. I do have some prospects but, as many Americans, will be considered Underemployed.

With that said, this week I had to make a hard choice and started looking for an older truck that would eliminate a payment. On Wednesday I found a nice looking 2004 with only 71,000 miles and it seemed to be well taken care of. A couple of hours of negotiation and a few more hours of sleeplessness thinking about giving up the RedRam10 and I took the long drive to the dealership to make the deal. Well the nice thing :D It's RED! The bad thing is it is a TITAN. It is a CrewCab and is 4x4 but I already miss the Hemi and it's MDS that helped me average 18-22MPG. First 1/2 tank on the Titan showed a calculated 15MPG. That sucks!:4-dontknow: Here is a photo for all of us photo whores of the new to me truck as I prepared to take it for a test drive.

On the other hand, I still have a RAM to play with. My father-in-law has given me his old 70's model D100 - I think to play with. It has the 318 and is sort of RED - Orange. It doesn't run at the moment as it needs a carberator and a set of tires. I will be getting over and getting some photos of the new-to-me real old RAM and will still be keeping my face around here being as helpful as possible. And of course will be learning as much as I can on how to get the RAM back on the road.

I've taken a look at the competitive forums for the Titan and will wait for GT to get a TITANForumZ going before joining another brand. :LOL: And you can count on my return to the RAM world when I get back on my feet financially!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Sorry to hear about your hard times :/

Congrats on the new truck, while they arent a Ram, they are still a nice truck and good to hear your gonna stick around with us!

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear about your hard times :/

Congrats on the new truck, while they arent a Ram, they are still a nice truck and good to hear your gonna stick around with us!

Yea, times are tough, but, I have to look on the positive side. No payment and I do have the ability to save for the future.

·
Registered
12,859 Posts
Damn Ed, come to Alberta I'm pretty sure we could have you working tomorrow morning, literally! The Titan isn't that bad of a ride, my buddy has one and loves it. In fact I did look long and hard at one before getting the Ram. Sure hope things turn around for you buddy!

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
If I can be a member of the 'Red Ram' group with nothing more than a Red Sharpie in the console, then I see no reason why you can't continue here as usual with a picture of RedRam10. Having a 1970's D100 Dodge truck is just a bonus! :smileup:

I expect to see a lot of you here, and for the record, you will not be the only member here that does not currently have a Ram. However, you are the only member here with the Nick "FastEddie". :rockon:

And I'm sure I read it in the rules somewhere....it you're voted as MOTM, you have to stay here for at least a year, and must own a Ram when you leave, so you have to stick around until after you get your next Ram. :D ....I know it's written somewhere...

BTW - Congrats on 7K! :woohoo:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
If I can be a member of the 'Red Ram' group with nothing more than a Red Sharpie in the console, then I see no reason why you can't continue here as usual with a picture of RedRam10.
Arent you a member in the white rams group too? lol

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I can be a member of the 'Red Ram' group with nothing more than a Red Sharpie in the console, then I see no reason why you can't continue here as usual with a picture of RedRam10. Having a 1970's D100 Dodge truck is just a bonus! :smileup:

I expect to see a lot of you here, and for the record, you will not be the only member here that does not currently have a Ram. However, you are the only member here with the Nick "FastEddie". :rockon:

And I'm sure I read it in the rules somewhere....it you're voted as MOTM, you have to stay here for at least a year, and must own a Ram when you leave, so you have to stick around until after you get your next Ram. :D ....I know it's written somewhere...

BTW - Congrats on 7K! :woohoo:
Well I have no intention of leaving this great place behind. Besides I still have to get with you when you hit the Carolina Shores to verify there is a RED Sharpie in the dash!
I like the rules you provide and will have to keep on Hanging Round. Besides I can always do a little color mod on the OldRam with a little help with Photoshop and have the RED I need. "FASTEDDIE" LIVES ON!!!!

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn Ed, come to Alberta I'm pretty sure we could have you working tomorrow morning, literally! The Titan isn't that bad of a ride, my buddy has one and loves it. In fact I did look long and hard at one before getting the Ram. Sure hope things turn around for you buddy!
I'll have to take a look up that way for opportunities. Willing to relocate for the right opportunity. After 19 years in Wireless/Telecom as sales and management my background and past earnings is scairing off the possible new opportunities.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Arent you a member in the white rams group too? lol
Not yet....my 'application' has yet to be accepted. :D
However, I have been on the hunt for a 'White Sharpie'....but no luck yet. :doh:

Well I have no intention of leaving this great place behind. Besides I still have to get with you when you hit the Carolina Shores to verify there is a RED Sharpie in the dash!
I like the rules you provide and will have to keep on Hanging Round. Besides I can always do a little color mod on the OldRam with a little help with Photoshop and have the RED I need. "FASTEDDIE" LIVES ON!!!!
LOL....My wife "Can't Believe" that I won't remove the Red Sharpie from the console. I told her it's not there to be used....It's there strictly as a point of honor. Although she thinks I'm completely whacked, there has been no mention of divorce. :smileup:

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:LOL....My wife "Can't Believe" that I won't remove the Red Sharpie from the console. I told her it's not there to be used....It's there strictly as a point of honor. Although she thinks I'm completely whacked, there has been no mention of divorce. :smileup:
Yea, mine wonders why I like reading and typing on the PC so much. I told her it was better than other things I could be doing with the PC. ;)

·
Registered
12,859 Posts

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ed, The big telecom outfits up here seem to be going with either "older" ;) employees or independent contractors. You could definitely get work up here.
I will take a look and might be well worth the short trip up that way for work!:smileup:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Sorry to hear about your hard times. It was probably a really tough call to get rid of your ram but not having that payment should be helpful.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Sorry to hear about your hard times. It was probably a really tough call to get rid of your ram but not having that payment should be helpful.
Yea, it was hard driving off the lot, but tough times call for tough decisions - Here is a photo as I prepared to take it for a test drive.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
We have a Staples here....I will see if tomorrow brings me closer to the 'White Ram' group. :)

I always thought this was a "white sharpie"
It's an imposter, and if I was heading up the 'White Ram' group, I would be on the lookout for it. A Sharpie is a Sharpie...it's like an Icon! :smileup:

Yea, it was hard driving off the lot, but tough times call for tough decisions - Here is a photo as I prepared to take it for a test drive.

Yah know Ed.....if you have to give up the Ram for a Titan, that's not too bad looking. :)

Just a bit of warning though...don't be getting to comfortable in that truck wanna-be. The last thing you want is for a Black Canadian Ram to show up in NC demonstrating new uses for a Red Sharpie. I mean even the thought of that is somewhat intimidating. :str:

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a bit of warning though...don't be getting to comfortable in that truck wanna-be. The last thing you want is for a Black Canadian Ram to show up in NC demonstrating new uses for a Red Sharpie. I mean even the thought of that is somewhat intimidating. :str:
I will keep that in mind. I plan on making it out of this fix as soon as possible. Maybe I can start dreaming of that 2013 with the eight speed ZF and the new 6.4L Hemi!:LOL::smileup:

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
6.4L Hemi with a ZF-8......I thik i jst droooolded onnnn min keybod.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
We have a Staples here....I will see if tomorrow brings me closer to the 'White Ram' group. :)

You show me a white sharpie and us "whites" will welcome you with open arms hahahaha god i hope no one takes that the wrong way

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
You show me a white sharpie and us "whites" will welcome you with open arms hahahaha god i hope no one takes that the wrong way
ROTFL.... :hah: :box:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts