DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, if all goes well the plan is me and the girls are taking a road trip in the truck. Washington state to Massachusetts to Florida over to Texas, then back up to Washington. Truck is completely stock. 93k miles. Will be getting new tires by time of road trip. Just looking for any other MPG saver mods I can make. I was reading at this thread - http://ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237 that making a few wiring changes can possibly add up to 1.5mpg. I havent had this truck on a road trip yet to know exact mpg I'm getting now. But just trying make sure I get decent mileage on this trip...lol. If any1 has any ideas I can test while on this trip, lets hear them.

Edit: Also, if any of you Advertisers/Sponsors want to test products or new designs for this engine. This trip would be a good time to get real world figures and data.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I drive this truck daily to work. 12 miles a day total. 6 gallons lasts me all week. With a few red lights in city driving. FYI.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i been adding cheap wal mart 2cycle oil to keep all the upper end lubed and freed up and hoping for some mileage increase 1oz/gallon mine is getting painted takeing forever to get done so i havent driven it much

·
Registered
869 Posts
If getting new tires, load range E with lots of tire pressure. Ride suffers, but wallet thanks you.

Note: I do NOT own a v10, however on my hemi tire pressure made more of a FE difference than anything. (Aside from my foot)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts