DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 hemi with an 8 speed. I have stainless works 1 7/8 headers with x pipe and 3 inch exhaust ready to instal. Waiting to buy a whipple 2.9 supercharger. (8lbs boost). I figure the boost will gain 170hp and torque and the exhaust maybe 15hp and some torque. This would make the torque go up to about 580. I read the 8 speed transmission can handle about 516 torque.
Thoughts?
I'd prefer to not have the tranny blow, has anyone been able to get around this issue? Maybe a torque converter?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
I wonder if the 8speed can be rebuilt to handle the extra power and torque.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen Sharadon mentioned on some threads but all I can find is some local shop website with no information. Seems sketchy
I'd like to have a 600-700 torque rated trans.

I don't tow with the truck

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 2016 hemi with an 8 speed. I have stainless works 1 7/8 headers with x pipe and 3 inch exhaust ready to instal. Waiting to buy a whipple 2.9 supercharger. (8lbs boost). I figure the boost will gain 170hp and torque and the exhaust maybe 15hp and some torque. This would make the torque go up to about 580. I read the 8 speed transmission can handle about 516 torque.
Thoughts?
I'd prefer to not have the tranny blow, has anyone been able to get around this issue? Maybe a torque converter?
Any updates? This is a worry for me too,changing the oil in the meantime . 6 lbs and holding.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thuderhorse replied this place in a different thread: "Southern Hotrod in Louisiana builds 8HPs". I will look them up if and when mine goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts