DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I've had my 2013 for a little over a month and a week ago, while I was going home from work, I stopped to help a guy with a flat. I pulled off the road, put the Laramie 4x4 in park, left the engine running, and walked back to see if I could be of any help to the guy. I'd been back there about 10 minutes when we both looked toward my new truck and it started moving forward. I ran to try and catch it, but it went into a pretty deep ditch, got damaged pretty badly on the roof from going under a tree that was down, and came to rest about 3 feet before a 4 foot drop off. I got in the truck and had to take it out of park to put it in neutral so I could engage the 4wd (this is how I know it was in PARK when I got out of it).

Long story short, Chrysler is looking at my truck with a microscope trying to determine if it's something faulty on their part, or exactly what caused the problem.

Has anyone had this problem with the new 8-speed tranny? I know it has happened in the past with the old style transmissions, but since this one is so new I'm wondering if I might get brushed off if they can't find anything in the codes.

Thanks,
Joseph

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dang thats scary...Seems like 13 really is a bad number. I don't have much to add but goodluck with their findings. Sad story man. I was looking at a 13' sport but between the dealer not budging much on the price and then 1st gen growing pains it makes me want to wait for a 14' next summer.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I heard something about the ZF 8-speeds and slipping out of gear (or park) issues. Google that and see if anything comes up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts