DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have now driven our 2012 Ram 1500 Crew for 8 years and 75,000 miles so I thought I would share my thoughts. First I love the Hemi & other than a thermostat & coolant temp sensor along with a set of spark plugs it has been great.I was never impressed with the mileage as it averages 14. The headlights were absolutely awful so I installed HIDs. The battery lasted a year & a half. The original Goodyears were garbage, so Michelins were installed at 30,000 miles. Drivers bucket seat had a wrinkle that split & the passenger seat came apart at the seam. Chrysler would not help with that repair. The step tubes started peeling last year. The rotors warped and were replaced with drilled & slotted with ceramic pads at 50,000 miles. The update on my GPS for 350 bucks is insane. The dealer did the airbag recall and had the steering wheel off and decided to put it back together with the biggest impact wrench they had ruining the clock spring. They would not replace that so we drove it for a couple years with no heated steering wheel. When the wife talked me into fixing that I broke 2 Snap On pullers trying to remove the steering wheel! The wheel was actually on a 1/4 inch too far. The dealer wanted 371 bucks for a new clock spring so I bought a new factory one on ebay for 171 bucks. After all my bitching I have to say I love this truck, I love the ram boxes, I love how it runs, tows & sounds! This bright red beauty takes my breath away & it isn't going anywhere. The dealer however can kiss my ass!

·
Administrator
53,382 Posts
I can definitely see why you would tell the dealer to kiss it, sad they wouldn't warranty their own work, I probably would have raised all kinds of heck with them about it but even with all you've been through with your Ram, good to hear you still love it! I'm going on 12 years with mine and, knock on wood, other than regular maintenance a couple water pumps under warranty, couple pinion seals under warranty, third set of tires, I am still just as happy with my rig at 95K on the clock as I was when I drove it home after purchase. Have to say, your assessment is a good one, all things considered!

- Cajun

1 - 2 of 2 Posts