DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to my truck and tried to roll my windows down but they didn't work. I tried the ac and it didn't work either. What's strange is the last time I drove it everything was working fine.

I checked all the fuses and they are all good. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
33 Posts
is it a power window? Do you hear a sound like it wants to move? Had the same problem on a 1990 ram spay some oil up the door (take off inside door cover and there should be a bing gear that connect to the window "Arms" spay on it) The ac I have no clue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't make any sounds to answer your question. It's power but the ac and the windows are tied together somehow. One day it worked the next it didn't. I will have to check the power at the fuse and see what I get.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked the fuse block and there isn't power to either ac or windows. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this truck?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know what this splitter powers? This pic is not mine because the orange one, under the finger, is completely broke on mine. I swapped out the ignition switch and that didn't fix anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the orange wire controls the blower and power windows. I rewired it to the battery and all is working. Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
3 Posts
im having exact problem and was just wondering if there were any fuses under the hood or other relays that i might not know about. iv checked the fuses under dash.
i wonder am i supposed to start a new thread for this? oh boy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are fusable links you can check. The pic I posted showed what my problem was. I fixed the broken wire and all is good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
oh my god i cant believe this but thank you, i just typed in a very through explanation of this and went to post it and i was longed out when i longed back on it was all gone i not doing it again but yes all wires going in and out of splitter are hot. the ones coming out are all fuse links that if they just get hot they can become brittle and break inside the insulation with no visible sign. all of the wires coming out the splitter ar about 10" long and hook back into the real wiring harness with a piece of glue filled heat shrink tubing and should be replaced from the batt with the same size wire that they go to after the heat shrink (10ga or 12ga) with a buss fuse or equivalent in them of the right rating (10a 15a) my 93 ram had one orange fusible link broken inside in several places but looked fine. this was the power windows and heater / ac fan not working. this is a little more through explanation. thank you though this site saved me a lot of time diagnosing this i hope this further helps some one else.
< this is a link to the photo that i got here. i hope im doing this all right, if not yell at me then. Over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts