DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a fellow Z member and I have been texting back and forth deciding on cargo bulbs for him and doing a comparison and i dont think Ive ever seen a side by side so I figured Id post the results.

All blue 921-B12 (921 forward facing)

One 921-B12 and one WLED-CWHP15-T (194 radial mounted 360* light)
You can see the white light reaching farther and wider than the blue

Both 194s now

These pics were taking on my tailgate to show light. The large print of my window sticker was very easily readable. The fint print was readable if you tried. The pattern on the gum box was clearly seen in real life.

Little license plate battle, same bulbs

I udnerstand being that one was colored and one was white its not exactly the apples to apples being the the blue doesnt put out as much usable color as white, but its a good idea to show you the difference in the bulb design and how it changes the distance of usable light

·
Registered
573 Posts
Interesting comparison but I think you nailed it by saying that this is an apples to oranges comparison. White light is indeed much more useable than blue light. Just as in HID's a 5k bulb will appear much brighter to the human eye than a 10k bulb.
Still the design of the different bulb types should definitely influence their spread and output which I think is shown well your cargo light comparison picture.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya the big different is the 921 only shows in one directions and the 194 is 360* lights

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you look at the details of the different bulbs you will find the Single LED Luminous Intensity values for the different led's used on these bulbs. It is very helpful in selecting LED's.

me....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts