DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
I have a poverty pac 1500 with no rev counter. I sourced a cluster from the US and fitted it, swapping over my speedo as mine has only 36k original miles.
Anyway pre amble over..........I now have no cruise control. I thought it may be a blown bulb in the cluster so I replaced them all, still no cruise. Help Help Help.........With gas being just over $7 a US gallon and the feds wanting to book you for doing 4km/hr over the speed limit cruise would be helpful.
Cheers

·
Registered
376 Posts
So by "poverty pac" do you mean the "no frills" model? I'm pretty sure that I could get by without the "rev counter" (tachometer?)but I do like my cruise control!! I get my best fuel economy between 55 to 60 MPH (89 - 97 kph) so I use it most of the time just for that. Leniency varies from place to place but 5 mph ( 8 kph) is generally tolerated by most county and state patrol officers. I'm pretty sure that the general public would be VERY intolerant of $7//gallon for fuel tho!!!
RE: non-functioning cruise control, I'm assuming that it worked before swapping out the instrument cluster. Have you checked the fuse for that circuit?
By The Way, my wife and I spent around 2 weeks in NZ about 12 or 13 years ago. Very enjoyable. 2 weeks clearly NOT enough time. Hired a car but was so focused on the fact that I had to drove on the "wrong" side of the road that I didn't pay that much attention to the cost of fuel. (Guess it didn't matter since it was what it was).
Good luck with getting the "cruise" running again. I know that it would be important for me.
RipVan

·
Super Moderator
34,648 Posts
Really, I always get 1-2 full MPG without cruise control.

NZ would be a cool place to visit; I have a friend from 3rd grade who moved to Auckland

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Cruze control is fun lol, the car still thinks it has a 360 so it tends to downshift when not needed and speed 15 past the setting before settling back down!

·
Super Moderator
34,648 Posts
cruze control is fun lol, the car still thinks it has a 360 so it tends to downshift when not needed and speed 15 past the setting before settling back down!

rofl:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts