DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, quick question for you , I have swapped the orig 94 5.2 in an american ram 1/2 4x4 with a canadian (no EGR) out of a 95, that believe it or not only had 40,000 original kms on it, great score, anyways, seeing as this is odb1 system, i am concerned that the computer is screwing with me, runs lil ruff, seems to miss, etc, did all the obvious stuff, plugs wires, cap, rotor, coil, wires are per tsb, etc etc, just thinking that there is no CEL, but maybe i should replace the computer as well to the non egr version, and can i do this without changing the harness, or what else should i know or try?
thanks

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
That would be my guess to do. Probebly would have done that b4 surgury. I had to make those mods for my s10 I went from a 1991 2.5 A motor for a rebuilt 89 E motor. Did the swaps before new one went in. Runs like a top.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Or there's another thing I didn't think about. I don't know how differnt the two intakes are but could there be a block off plate where egr went?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and to top it off, in my brilliance, i disposed of the old engine,
so, my situation is this, manifold is diff now, plenum is diff now,
etc etc, can i swap the computer though from the canadian truck?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Is it possible? Sure. Do you want that much pain? I doubt it. Everything changed. Even the electronic parts that look the same are different in some way to keep the from easily interchanging. It'd be much easier to find the OBD I intake and exhaust. Ebay always has a few.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
and to top it off, in my brilliance, i disposed of the old engine,
so, my situation is this, manifold is diff now, plenum is diff now,
etc etc, can i swap the computer though from the canadian truck?
I did that with a fuel line on my s10 swap. That sucks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.