DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the differance betwwen a 94 auto DGR A518,DHA Lock up converter and DGB std 4sp auto. I picked up a 95 trans at the junk yard and its a DGR 46RH 4 sd auto,DGB std 4 sd auto and DHA CC Torque Converter. What is a CC torque converter? Is it the same as the lock up? Will the 95 work in the 94? both are a 5.9L
I have a 30 day return and not sure if this trans will work or not. Please advise. Thanks. Bill

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Can someone tell me the differance betwwen a 94 auto DGR A518,DHA Lock up converter and DGB std 4sp auto. I picked up a 95 trans at the junk yard and its a DGR 46RH 4 sd auto,DGB std 4 sd auto and DHA CC Torque Converter. What is a CC torque converter? Is it the same as the lock up? Will the 95 work in the 94? both are a 5.9L
I have a 30 day return and not sure if this trans will work or not. Please advise. Thanks. Bill
It's a Converter Clutch Based Torque Converter, The 95 46RH W/LU TCC. Will be able to replace a 1994, however you must use a lockup torque converter and have to wire a OD switch and TCC Switch. Typically the ECM will activate the solenoid to apply the lockup clutch however you will have to wire a toggle switch. But the transmissions are the same, just one has lockup. PATC has a kit to replace the toggle switches.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts