DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again I have narrowed down my problem to a faulty fuel pump. I was informed that the easiest way is prop up the bed. My question is do any you have detailed instructions on tipping the bed? I have found there are a total of 6 bolts on a 6' bed and have a general idea of where each one is located. I am curious to know if I need to remove my rear bumper and hitch and where the tail-lamp harness hooks up. I do have a moveable engine hoist.

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
At our shop, we don't remove the bumper, hitch or wiring. We tip up the beds and support them with a pole jack.

·
Registered
36 Posts
what i did was i had my son help me and the only issue we had was the wire loom to the tail lamps were a bit snug and hard to separate and lastlu my body lift was a bit of a struggle to keep in line but other than that really easy compared to dropping a full gas tank and laying on my back to do it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I figured I have no body lift on my truck, however the harness for the tail lamps do look a little bit snug. I have located all six bolts even have access holes through the bottom of the frame which is nice. I just hope this fixes my problem I can hear the relays click on under the hood but fuel pump won't until I wrap on the tank with a hammer with it keyed on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pump

What brand pump did you purchase? I have 118,000 on my 96 on the original pump and was thinking of replacing it just for preventive maintenance. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fuel pump went in works great!! thanks for all your help. Only issue is gauge reads 1/4 tank however I have used 10 out of 26 gallons. So I should be just over half tank. Will this issue fix itself when I fill?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts