DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, I already posted this threat to another forum and I was told to come to this one as this would be the place to get the right answers.

Hi all,

It's been 1 week since I'm the proud owner of a 2005 Dodge Ram 5.7 HEMI 4x4. (Finally, after 4 month of searching
:smileup: ) I got it from a military that is stationed at an army base in Germany. It is 100% US specs.

As far as I know the engines are optimized for 89 octane gasoline. However 89 octane is something most people here in Europe have never heard of (not talking about military personal that can refuel on base). The gasoline you can get here is either 95 or 98 octane.

I read that feeding my engine 95 octane wouldn't give me any advantage over 89 octane and that on the contrary it would cost some power instead of adding some.

Would a programmer do the job and get the engine to take advantage of the extra octane? If yes, which programmer would be best for that and would I be able to find setup files to download or a tech sheet that tells me what parameters to change?

T

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
I would get a DiabloSport Predator and run the 93 octane tune....and you will pick up a good 30+ horsepower over stock. It will run like a beast with 95 octane! I run my 2010 on 91 and it is night and day over the stock tune with even 89 octane

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yes diablo is the way to go in this also since you are in germany you could contact sean at Hemifevertuning.com for custom tunes so you could get the maximum out of the 95oct and 98oct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts