DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm in the right spot. Anyways, I got a 96 Pickup a few weeks ago, and last week I put in a pioneer radio because the radio in it was done. Once we got the radio in, after we had tested it and it had been working, it stopped working. After hours of testing wires, the constant supply power wire wasn't giving us any power, so we used the ignition power to supply both on the radio. Since that day, not only does my radio not save anything :( but my interior lights, headlight buzzer, and all my other little accessories won't work unless the key is turned. This led to me leaving my headlights on one day and at night I can't see anything when I get in my truck. What could be the cause of this issue? I'm pretty sure it's not any fuses because i tested most of them and they seem to be working. Thanks!!

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
I'd relocate the wire from where you have it. Usually the red is the power, and an orange or yellow is the memory. That one has to be hooked up to constant power. Make sure the blue one (usually) isn't hooked to anything because that's the power antenna/amp trigger wire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts