DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a 97 ram that is running quite rich and i get 7-8 mpg max. I have changed my plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Also the pcv valve, crankcase inlet filter, cleaned the TB, Threw in some fuel injector cleaner. and all this did bump it up from 6. i have a K&N air intake system and its chipped but all this done i should be seeing better mpg in my mind. Now i was thinking about changing the thermostat but i dont see how that would help too much.

I do have a hurting dual exhaust with NO cat and i assume dummy 02's. So in my mind that may be the cause of the loss but also i am wondering maybe its the MAP sensor on my TB? could that be clogged or something and be a major problem ?

·
Banned
7,846 Posts
If the MAP sensor (about $80) is clogged it may send a wrong signal to the ECM making it run rich. How is the idle (RPM's)? You can take the MAP sensor off and clean it to see if it helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It idles at a steady rate and runs smooth. it is lacking in power in comparison to my buddies 98 ram so im not quite sure what i can do

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i cant truely say, his is just a base model and i have a sport, but i do know my rear diff has 2 stamped tags on it, ill have to check again tmr when i get her back and call my buddy about his. I should have explained this better but my gas pedal is softer then his

1 - 5 of 5 Posts