DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently stripped my spyder gears out in my rearend while doing "tug a truck". I welded the spyder gears together but the welds broke after about a week. So i bought a spool to replace it but i'm having alot of trouble removing the old gears. I removed the bolt that goes into the center pin and beat the pin with a hammer and it wont budge. I'd appreciate all the help i can get.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I recently stripped my spyder gears out in my rearend while doing "tug a truck". I welded the spyder gears together but the welds broke after about a week. So i bought a spool to replace it but i'm having alot of trouble removing the old gears. I removed the bolt that goes into the center pin and beat the pin with a hammer and it wont budge. I'd appreciate all the help i can get.
Try beating it out from the other end if you still can't get it out then de-grease everything very well and heat up the metal around the pin this will cause it to expand a little then hit the pin with a hammer. Try heating the metal for about 15 minutes, be sure to spread the heat so don't focus the torch on one area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts