DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im new here and have a question. Got in my truck this mornin and got about a block away from home and realized i had high oil pressure so i returned home and checked the oil and it is not over full. So I started the truck again and it goes to about 40-45 and then slowly rises to about 90-100 and just stays there. What could cause this problem? The oil pump? any advice helps!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Z. Did your pressure stay like this once your truck was warm? I am just wondering as our old plow truck will have very high pressure then goes down as it warms up. Sorry I couldn't be more help

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
Hello im new here and have a question. Got in my truck this mornin and got about a block away from home and realized i had high oil pressure so i returned home and checked the oil and it is not over full. So I started the truck again and it goes to about 40-45 and then slowly rises to about 90-100 and just stays there. What could cause this problem? The oil pump? any advice helps!
Verify this is actually the case by checking the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge. If the readings are more normal, suspect a sending unit or gauge problem.

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Z. Did your pressure stay like this once your truck was warm? I am just wondering as our old plow truck will have very high pressure then goes down as it warms up. Sorry I couldn't be more help
This is normal operation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts