DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

We had some nice weather over the weekend and when I came back to the truck from the store it was pretty hot inside. I swear the dual zone turned on the A/C automatically as the air blowing through was icy cold, although the A/C indicator was not illuminated on the display and I could turn it on and off using the snow flake button (which didn't seem to make any difference).

Does anyone know if this system engages the A/C as it sees fit? If so does the snowflake button force the compressor to run even if unnecessary? I've read the manual on this and it doesn't make sense - its says something along the lines of 'when in auto, pressing the snowflake will cause it to flash on and off on the display as a warning that's it automatically controlled'. Well I have both my vents and fan speed in auto and that's not the case.

PP

·
Registered
360 Posts
I believe whatever temperature that you have the temp set at, the truck will try to cool or warm it to that temp. Thus engaging A/C if need be, even if you don't turn it on with the snowflake. A/C even engages when defrost is blowing, even if blowing Hot air, because it drys the air so the windows don't fog up. A/C probably is engaged almost all the time your fan is blowing, To turn it off, turn your fan speed to Zero.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts