DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in South Louisiana and my A/C is not working correctly! Help! I bought one of those canisters to check the pressure and recharge the coolant if necessary, but I'm pretty sure the connection is wrong. Either that or I have the wrong port. The port I'm trying to use is front and center when you open the hood, on the bigger of the two tubes coming out of the compressor. Do any of you know if you need some special connector to charge the A/C? Or if I'm using the right port? I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the 5.7L Hemi.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wouldnt this be a warranty issue? My AC isnt working that well either, I was thinking about taking it in and having them look at it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A/C Recharge

Is it possible that you bought a can of R134A by mistake? My truck (2015) takes a newer type of refrigerant...something like YF 1234A. It would make sense that R134A would have a different type of fitting to prevent mixing different types of refrigerant and making the system a mess to deal with.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think Ram has a proprietary connector. I had bought a recharger from Autozone too, then took it to a mechanic friend because I could find no way to connect it. He said I would probably have to take it to the dealer! :(

·
Registered
432 Posts
What move n mopar said. You have the wrong refrigerant and the correct one is most likely not available in the stores.

·
Super Moderator
34,648 Posts
I wonder if anyone makes an adapter

·
Registered
164 Posts
The new Rams use r1234yf, not r134. not interchangeable.
The stuff is expensive, bills out by the ounce. Probably dealer only at this point.
I have worked on several new Rams with the condensers leaking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts