DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Sport with dual climate control. For the past few weeks, the a/c seems to have a mind of it's own, even when not in "auto". I can turn the fan speed all the way up and the temperature all the way down and it will blow cold air for a bit, then warmer air, the fan speed will speed up and slow down by itself as well. After reading up on the mighty world wide web, my personal opinion is that the Ambient Temperature Sensor is bad. But then after reading on this forum, everyone that had issues with their sensor had codes thrown and lights coming on. I haven't had that. My question is, has anyone else had similar issues or are there any HVAC professionals that have some input on this issue? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just got the AlfaOBD app, and it is able to pull codes that don't necessarily trigger the check engine light. It said I had a bad humidity sensor, and my AC occasionally acts a little wonky. Not as extreme as yours does though. I paid for the full app, but I believe the free version will read codes. You just need to get a bluetooth OBD dongle thing.

I just got it last week, and haven't looked into replacing the sensor, or even clear the code and see if it comes up again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got the AlfaOBD app, and it is able to pull codes that don't necessarily trigger the check engine light. It said I had a bad humidity sensor, and my AC occasionally acts a little wonky. Not as extreme as yours does though. I paid for the full app, but I believe the free version will read codes. You just need to get a bluetooth OBD dongle thing.

I just got it last week, and haven't looked into replacing the sensor, or even clear the code and see if it comes up again.
Thanks for the info. I will check into it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I went ahead and purchased and installed a new humidity sensor. It has fixed the problem. Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts