DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've got a Bighorn with the 8.5 screen and manual climate controls, knobs and screen control. Fan always on 7 and as cold as possible. I've tried turning down the fan and backing off the temp a few clicks to see if it'd change things but it doesn't.

When I start the truck with the A/C on (I'm in AZ so...) it defaults to recirculate. The recirc button light is off at this point. When I take off I have to push the button to turn it on then push again to shut off recirc. The recirc will turn off for a short time then turns on again and cycles off/on/off/on through out the whole trip. I'm constantly hitting the button to turn on/off so it will go off but we keep having this dance.

The radio head has been replaced 3 times in order to fix it and yet it's still doing the same thing. Sadly I'm out of warranty now so it's all on me.

Any ideas? Obviously it's not the radio head.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
I would think that being as the issue began while the truck was still under the factory bumper to bumper warranty & the dealership tried to fix it several times while still under that warranty. There would still be an open file on issue, therefore it seems to me that the radio/climate control repair should still be covered under that warranty
:4-dontknow:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts