DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of a schematic for the A/C refrigerant lines on an 09 1500 TRX
haven't found the leak yet but want to get ahead of the game so I know where to look when I put in Dye. if the lines run behind anything and I cant see where the leak is I want to be able to have a good idea where to look in case I have to remove any of the millions of plastic covers in this truck. last recharge lasted about a month so its gonna be a small one anyone have an opinion of the leak stop stuff.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Lines are pretty visible, you shouldn't have much of a problem seeing them. AC system are pretty much compressor, evaporator and condenser so just follow the lines. Remove the cover over the radiator and condenser for a better visual in that area.

The biggest concern is the evaporator since that is inside the HVAC housing inside the truck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted another post about this my engine compartment stays pretty dusty dirt road travel and all. haven't seen a clear leak location yet but I have had a musky smell in the air assuming now it was the coolant leaking is there any specific part that wold cause the coolant smell to come through the vents that is not readily visible. and thanks for our response

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just had the same issue two weeks ago. I did a dye test and found out it was the low pressure value that was leaking. So glad it wasn't the evap core.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts