DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone my first time post here,
I have read some post on here but not really found how to fix the problem yet. I found a post which was a similar problem to mine but no results on the repair.

I have a 2000 dodge ram 3500. I had a few problems with the actuators and such but they where fixed. Apparently the same issue I had with the A/C shutting off was repaired at the dealer.

Anyways, my A/C blows nice and cold as it can be. Idling or running works just fine. The problem is when I hit a bump the A/C compressor turns off and just blows hot or outside air. No matter what I do the compressor will not kick back on.

I can let it sit for 15 to 30 mins and works just fine once again. I dont mind in the winter but this texas weather is just killing me and frustrating. Sometimes I try to drive as slow and careful as i can to keep my A/C lol.

ANY HELP WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED. Thanks for reading up. Juan from San Antonio TX

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
It might be a problem with the compressor. Can you take it to a shop to test the compressor?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try anything to get it right. I talked to one of the mechanics at work and he told me pretty the same thing. I just had it painted and did a lot of work in the inside as well. Replaced the dash, carpet, seats, head liner, heater core, all three actuators, that I know of, head light switch, and ac controls.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You mite try percussion troubleshooting around the a/c controls in the cab. With everything running, give her a good smack n see if anything changes, if nothing, head towards under the hood n move compressor connectors n a/c relays in the power dist box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts