DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys -

I'm the proud new owner of a '99 1500 Laramie w/Automatic tranny - it didn't come with an Owner's Manual (although I have ordered one) - and I was hoping that someone could tell me the proper way to shift around between 2wd and 4wd...

I'm assuming that it should be in either Park or Neutral - and ok to do it with engine running, or not? Etc.

Also, I seem to have the basic stock radio w/cassette deck - I don't suppose there's a chance in hell that it has RCA low level output jacks I could run an aftermarket amp to?

Thanks Guys!!

Ritch

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Nut or park is correct. Some say it can be shifted on the fly below 10 mph. I don't sugest that my 4x4 gets pissie when you do that. No there are no rca jacks for after market amps. Get a better head unit for that also use a wire instal kit much easer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know that you can shift from 2 hi to 4 hi while still moving but it takes a second for it to finally engage, but to shift in and out of 4 low you have to come to a full stop, be in either park or neutral and you have to move the lever in one quick movement or it will grind a little bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts