DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today in the snow my 01 didn't stop the way I know a car with abs should. Now ive had the truck for 5 months and never used the abs so what a day to find out! It sucks the truck slid right past my target! Now I looked into the truck unlike my dads 95 2500 theres no master pump with the four line's that im used to. Just a small black box and two perpotin valves? Is that it? I mean I found it odd no pulse back or noise of any kind. Oh ya no steering ether. Is this right or is something wrong and the light is a dummy. And it is the abs light that comes one at start not (rwal) so that should mean all 4 are abs. Right? Hope I can get more knowledge of this truck thanks.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Neither of my pickups have a pushback motor, they have a sensor on the rear pinion which magnetically detects pinion rotation. This is wired to the front of the truck and it relieves rear brake pressure to the rear when a rear wheel skid is detected. When this detector goes bad, it will trip an abs light and the brake sys warning light on the light panel. Simple system. This is for 4wd, I haven't any idea what they had on 2wd units.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts