DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a good brake controller for towing. My 2012 Ram 1500 already has the 4-pin wiring and 7 pin harness on it. What a good long lasting brake controller? :smileup:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I picked up a factory one off eBay like this one, but bought it used and you can find them cheaper. I wanted\liked the factory fit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2010-2012-DODGE-RAM-INTEGRATED-ELECTRONIC-TRAILER-BRAKE-CONTROLLER-MOPAR-OEM-/110849612808

Install was a piece of cake, took all of 15 minutes. If you want, you can have the truck flashed so you can control it thru the EVIC, for as often as I truly need to adjust it, (never), I didn't think it was worth the $ for the flash. IMPORTANT! If you want to use the factory one, make sure you have both (two) connecters for the controller. If you only have one, I've heard that Prodigy controllers are pretty good

·
Registered
72 Posts
Im looking for a good brake controller for towing. My 2012 Ram 1500 already has the 4-pin wiring and 7 pin harness on it. What a good long lasting brake controller? :smileup:
I have this I could sell you. A Prodigy P2 I used once. $80 shipped. I can't post it in the for sale section because I am not a senior member, nor do I have the required 75 post minimum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts