DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get started I have done searched and found bits and pieces of info. Im wanting to build a strong n/a motor. Whats the best mods and stuff to buy to get this? I would like to see the 500+hp range at the minimum. Thank you for the help. I might have missed a thread or two when searching so if there is any good threads let me know. I have a 2010 1500 qc with the 5.7L in it.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
yea, 500 is a lofty number for boltons...even with a cam/head setup you'll only be pushin close to 400 at the wheels...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The easy wasy or the hard way? Their are no shortcuts for reliable power so i would say build a new motor. But having said that if i were to do it all over again i would just build a car man and leave that truck alone hehe... I mean if money is no problem then doit but if that things not even paid off yet i wouldnt touch the motor...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Not saying you will take shortcuts im just saying that all of the above are not easy...

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Oh yea i know it will take more then bolt ons. What would be the best way of getting those numbers with the hemi? N/a or fi?
i've raced many fi rams at the track...I've beaten all I've met so far... I've got almost every bolt on available for my truck, AND then I added juice:Wow1:

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
no worries man...here is a list of the stuff I've done thus far:

-Ramhammer cai (BFI)
-ported throttle body
-Inertia Spartan Cam
-Inertia big valve heads (PAC springs an custom length pushrods)
-Pacesetter coated lt headers
-3" true dual piping exhaust (cat deletes) to dual 3" DMH cutouts to magnaflow muffler dumped after axle
-Taurus efan (dc controller)
-Linelock
-Edge 2800 tq converter
-4.56 gears (sierra)
-transgo shiftkit
-DSP programmer with custom tune
-summit 23 percent ud pulley (C2516)
- 170 tstat (track)/ 180 (street)
-Zex nitrous wet system (100/125 shot)

stock bottom end (over 212k on motor the last time I raced)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet thank ya. That gives me some ways to start off building this motor to be a little faster at least. Gonna try to find me a c5 corvetteto start building. Yea yea I know its not a mopar but oh well its the only gm vechile I would drive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.