DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never noticed the lean until I hooked my boat up .... truck leans to the left about a half inch ... guess there must be a weak spring....

·
Registered
55 Posts
I never noticed the lean until I hooked my boat up .... truck leans to the left about a half inch ... guess there must be a weak spring....
That or you're hell of a heavy guy! :hah:

But joke aside, try putting your truck on a flat surface and measure to see if both the front and the back have the same difference. Also do you have anything in your truck or Rambox (if you have it) that could be heavy enough to make it lean on one side?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Also try comparing it when your gas tank is empty & again when it's full. When I had my 2010 1500 it had a slight lean to the left when my tank was full.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I alreay measured .. 1/2 inch low to the left front and back ... I keep the tank full - so I'll run this tank ouyt and see where she stands empty

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well... I made a visit to the dealer today ... the tech and I went on the lot and measured three other new trucks ... two of them were a little low and to the left same as mine and one was level .... research time!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
New trucks leaning to the left....hmmm perplexing...Gonna check mine today too. Im old thats why I lean a little bit to the left...oops off topic and thread jacking again...my bad ...I apologize :)

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Its a Dodge lean haha. Mine and my buddies did that, as well as most guys in the 4x4 section of DT. It comes more pronounced with a lift. Ghey I had to add more lift to the driver side of the truck front and rear...but its level now :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New springs installed today ... cut the lean to the left in half .... 1/2 inch is within tolerance according to STAR ..... interesting. I think I'll put in a set of springs from an Outdoorsman next and see what happens.

·
Registered
120 Posts
my old s10 did that, and no matter what i did, i never could totally cure it......and yes the lift made it worse. that truck was a money pit, glad i stuffed it into a house sized boulder while in the woods. LOL

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well after driving around a bit - back where we started, so gonna try something different - needs to be run throught the regional rep first ...

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
are you measuring from the ground to a body part
or from the ground to the frame itself

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Both ---- rest assured we we are really focused into solving the issue. Even though the factory tolerance is 1/2" mine is leaning a little more. An odd thing was the rt spring came out crooked and the lt spring was pretty straight. Frame to axle measures with 1/16 side to side unloaded and 1/4" loaded. Ground to wheel well is almost 3/4". The lean is quite noticeable.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I recently measured mine quite closely on a variety of surface slopes since I was trying to determine the optimum mudflap length. On a level surface my RCSB 4X4 body is dead level side to side and has a 1" rake forward regardless of gas load. On any sloped surface this changes by up to 1-1/2" depending upon the slope. Doesn't take much slope to lean a bit one way or the other.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mine leaned .5 in. to the left. I put 2 in. lowering springs on the rear and it was still .25 in. low. Ground force sent me a spacer to go on the bottom of the spring. The spacer helped but after driving for a while it went back to about the same. I was told by G.F. that they have a new spacer that goes on top of the spring but every time I call they say it's not ready yet. I'm supposed to call at the end of this week. I was told it should be available.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Wow. This freaked me out. This is what I tell my wife all the time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts