DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum as well to my new ram! Looking at running a rough country leveling kit. But I see a lot about the uca and ball joints are going out on these 13+ when people level them. So my questions are 1 Should I consider new uca or are they needed? 2 if I install it ( uca and leveling kit) myself the closest alignment rack is roughly 3 miles away, will it be ok for that short of a drive?:doh:

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum as well to my new ram! Looking at running a rough country leveling kit. But I see a lot about the uca and ball joints are going out on these 13+ when people level them. So my questions are 1 Should I consider new uca or are they needed? 2 if I install it ( uca and leveling kit) myself the closest alignment rack is roughly 3 miles away, will it be ok for that short of a drive?:doh:
Try reading this thread first, I found it helpful.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=168422

·
Super Moderator
34,707 Posts
If you are going to level, Bilstein 5100s are a much better option and will give you an all around better ride to boot. You will be fine going 3 miles

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Shocks won't void your warranty, however, if you start messing with the front end by adding a leveling kit with the shocks, CFA may want to bicker with you if a claim arises.
I added UCA's and Bilstein's to my '14 and had zero issues. The ride did get a bit firmer, so expect that. I simply wasn't willing to take a chance that I would have ball joint issues with just doing a leveling kit.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Shocks won't void your warranty, however, if you start messing with the front end by adding a leveling kit with the shocks, CFA may want to bicker with you if a claim arises.
I added UCA's and Bilstein's to my '14 and had zero issues. The ride did get a bit firmer, so expect that. I simply wasn't willing to take a chance that I would have ball joint issues with just doing a leveling kit.
what uca did you end up going with?

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I used Mevotech, which I think I got from Rock Auto. I had no budget or need for the Zone UCA's.
They will come as bare metal- get some chassis paint and put on four or five coats to keep them protected and looking good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts