DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new 2016 ram in today to have the running boards installed. I just bought it 3/25 and they did a TSB on it. TSB 18-006-16. Flash PCM PER TSB 18-19-06-ZL
Software Flash for PCM (Flash Software 1)
What is this TSB?

Semperfi,
Marine6212

·
Registered
112 Posts
I "think" a TSB is a Technical Service Bulletin, and is only something that the manufacturer gets from Chrysler-Fiat, (or Ford, GM etc) they are NOT recalls, and the NHTSA would not have anything to do with them. Usually some type of a flash on the computers.
Others with more knowledge can be more specific.

Jim

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
Maybe Ramcares can chime in here

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just received this from dealer.

First, ill apologize for the service not being fully explained to you.

With Chrysler technical side, they come up with software updates on a monthly basis to assist with customer issues that have been reported from Dealers all over the country. *These updates are sent out by vehicle specification to us monthly. *That said, Chrysler asks each dealer to perform any available updates to customers vehicles that match the VIN distribution of each update. *Our diagnostic computer system will notify us each time you come in for service if there is an available update for your vehicle.

As for your 16 Ram there was an available update to the main PCM for software enhancements related to the following.

You will see no effects from the update, although this will help stop certain driveability concerns that you may have.

SUBJECT:
Flash: 5.7L and 3.6L Powertrain Diagnostic And System Enhancements
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves reprogramming the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with the latest
available software.
MODELS:
2016 (DS) RAM 1500 Pickup

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
Yeah or maybe you got a good dealer-they are out there and quite honestly I must say that my experience with Ram service departments has been positive aside from one or two who tried to upsell me services. But that's not so bad, they're a business after all.

Since I started changing my own oil I haven't been in in a while though. If I can get the balls to change my own plugs here in another 10,000 miles I'll go even longer. I wish they still made iron heads in gassers.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
They must have been hard up for work because TSB's don't usually get applied to a vehicle until a customer has a complaint that the TSB is a known fix for.
This may depend on the dealer, Every time I take my truck in for oil change they apply any updates on the system that are against my VIN

Going tomorrow for Oil Change so will advise if anything pops up

·
Registered
493 Posts
This may depend on the dealer, Every time I take my truck in for oil change they apply any updates on the system that are against my VIN

Going tomorrow for Oil Change so will advise if anything pops up
The thing is that 2 identical vehicles may not have the issue in the TBS,so why would they spend money on a problem that may never show itself in one of the vehicles?Makes me wonder if anybody at FCA is watching these dealers that are dipping into their profits for no apparent reason.I know when I was at the dealer they wouldn't have gotten paid if the DSM(District Service Manager) found out that there never was a complaint in the first place.Some TSB's can be real expensive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts