DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a service ABS System message , I had one an it gave a right rear wheel sensor code changed it then cleared codes all fine till it got wet on the roads then light back on . It disables the ABS system the traction control and four-wheel-drive . Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and a solution to it.lookin for any clues

·
Registered
422 Posts
My usual first thought on electrical problems that are concurrent with moisture is a short or path to short out the signal. Broken insulating or a cracked connector

·
Registered
161 Posts
The wheel speed sensor for that one tire might be bad. That's what happened on my wife's jeep SRT. I changed it, and it corrected all of the issues.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The wheel speed sensor for that one tire might be bad. That's what happened on my wife's jeep SRT. I changed it, and it corrected all of the issues.
He already changed it.I'd agree with either water intrusion in the connector or possibly a bare wire to that sensor.I'd clean out the connector and put some dielectric grease in before assembly.If you live where they use salt on the roads the salt and the water combined make an awesome conductor and make the non-sealed connector show up a lot easier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds to me like you got moisture in the electrical contacts. Pull apart the connection,, dry the contacts (maybe use a hair dryer) add a little dielectric grease to each contact and reconnect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds to me like you got moisture in the electrical contacts. Pull apart the connection,, dry the contacts (maybe use a hair dryer) add a little dielectric grease to each contact and reconnect.
You can get dielectric grease at any hardware store for cheap... cheap and easy... worth a try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had that on my 2500. Came on when one of the rear tires slipped on mud. Went off. Able to recreate. Dealer had to replace abs unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check the wiring going from the sensor to the connector for cracking etc. Mine
was doing that and the wire had split in half. Spliced it back together, put heat shrink on it and it solved the problem. They’re thin wires that don’t look like they can handle any abuse. Also. If you’re in a bind and need 4wd while that’s happening turn the selector to 4wd before starting the truck. It will engage before the service abs message comes on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts